Health Care and the Affordable Care Act
If you live in Arizona, you’ll use www.HealthCare.gov to apply for coverage, compare plans, and enroll. You can apply as early as October 1, 2013. Click here to learn more about the Affordable Care Act's health insurance marketplaces and how you can get ready.
This short, non-partisan video explains how the law works and why it's designed the way it is. This even shorter video explains how health insurance Marketplaces will work and how you can find individual health insurance starting in October 2013. Whatever you believe about the law, you should know what's going to happen next and how you and your family can benefit.
Questions? Please visit Healthcare.gov or call 1-800-318-2596, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. (TTY: 1-855-889-4325)
What if I have job-based insurance?
If you have job-based health insurance you like, you can keep it. You're considered covered. You may be able to change to Marketplace coverage if you prefer.
Any job-based health plan you currently have qualifies as minimum essential coverage. You don't need to change to a Marketplace plan in order to avoid the fee that uninsured people may have to pay for 2014. If you'd like to explore Marketplace coverage options, there are several important things to consider.
How the health care law protects you
- Creates the Health Insurance Marketplace, a new way for individuals, families, and small businesses to get health coverage
- Requires insurance companies to cover people with pre-existing health conditions
- Helps you understand the coverage you’re getting
- Holds insurance companies accountable for rate increases
- Makes it illegal for health insurance companies to arbitrarily cancel your health insurance just because you get sick
- Protects your choice of doctors
- Covers young adults under 26
- Provides free preventive care
- Ends lifetime and yearly dollar limits on coverage of essential health benefits
- Guarantees your right to appeal
A new way to "SHOP" for small business coverage and get help
The Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) simplifies the process of buying health insurance for your small business. Call now to get your SHOP and small business questions answered by a customer service representative at 1-800-706-7893 or (TTY: 1-800-706-7915 ). The call center is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.