Military Construction & Veterans Affairs
Community Project Funding Request
Please read all information before starting your application. Please provide answers to any questions below in your application.
All Community Project Funding requests must meet the eligibility requirements for the specific account in which the project is funded.
Community Project Funding requests must follow the guidelines included in this section. Each project request must be for fiscal year (FY) 2024 funds only and cannot be for multiyear funding. In addition, requested projects must meet the following criteria:
- Be included on an unfunded requirements/unfunded priorities list (UFR/UPL) from a military service or combatant command or the FY24-FY28 Future Years Defense Program (FYDP).
- Projects suggested by an installation or unit commander will not be accepted.
- Have at least 35 percent of its design completed.
- For projects that have not reached 35 percent design, planning and design funding can be requested.
- Able to be obligated in FY24.
- Submitted to the House Armed Services Committee (HASC) for inclusion in the FY24
- National Defense Authorization Act or previously authorized.
- Have a DD Form 1391, which is DoD’s justification for military construction projects.
- The Armed Services’ Congressional Liaison Offices can help provide these documents.
Construction and Unspecified Minor Construction – Active Components
Eligible Community Project Funding requests include both construction and unspecified minor military construction projects for active components in the accounts listed below. An unspecified minor military construction project is a project that has an approved cost equal to or less than $9,000,000.
- Navy and Marine Corps
- Air Force and Space Force
- Defense-Wide Agencies (Special Operations Command (SOCOM), Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), etc.)
Construction and Unspecified Minor Construction – Reserve Components
Eligible Community Project Funding requests include both construction and unspecified minor military construction projects for Reserve Components in the accounts listed below. An unspecified minor military construction project is a project that has an approved cost equal to or less than $9,000,000.
Note: Some Reserve Component projects require a State funding match. Requesting offices must determine whether the proposed project requires such a match and if so, confirm that the project has current State matching funds. The Committee will not waive match requirements.
- Army National Guard
- Air National Guard
- Army Reserve
- Navy Reserve
- Air Force Reserve
Sources of Eligible Community Project Funding
Projects Eligible Community Project Funding requests are those that are submitted to Congress by DoD, the Services, and Combatant Commanders. Sources include:
- Unfunded Requirements/Unfunded Priorities Lists (UFR/UPL) – UFRs/UPLs are lists that the Services and Combatant Commanders provide to Congress identifying priority projects that were not included in the President’s budget request. UFRs/UPLs are available to Congress within ten days of the release of the President’s budget and can be found by contacting the Armed Services’ Congressional Liaison Offices.
- Future Year Defense Program (FYDP) – The FYDP is a projection of the forces, resources, and programs needed to support DoD operations over a five-year period. The FYDP is released simultaneously with the President’s budget request. The FY24-28 FYDP listing the military construction projects that may be eligible for Community Project Funding in FY24 can be obtained through the Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) website: https://comptroller.defense.gov/Budget-Materials/
- Which Service is the project for?
- Project Title.
- Amount Requested for FY24.
- Program (Is the funding request for construction, unspecified minor construction, or planning and design?).
- Project Location (State/Territory Title).
- Installation Name (Location Title).
- Is the project on the FY24-FY28 FYDP? If so, which fiscal year?
- Is the project on a FY24 Service or Combatant Command unfunded requirements/unfunded priorities list (UFRs/UPLs)?
- Does the project have a DD Form 1391?
- If a Reserve Component project, does it require a State funding match?
- Is this project at or above 35% design complete?
- Can the project funds be obligated in FY24?
- Has a corresponding request been submitted to HASC for inclusion in the FY24 NDAA?
- If a project was previously authorized in a NDAA, please provide the fiscal year.
For questions, please contact Kelsey Mishkin at Kelsey.Mishkin@maill.house.gov