Skip to content
January 6th, 2011
Grijalva Congratulates Pima County on Housing and Urban Development Grant for Rental Assistance to Persons With Disabilities

Washington, D.C.– Rep. Raúl M. Grijalva today congratulated Pima County on receiving a new $158,601 grant from the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) through the Rental Assistance to Non-Elderly Persons With Disabilities program. The funds will help qualifying families access affordable housing through public housing agencies.

“These funds are a crucial part of the financial picture for many Southern Arizona families that cannot otherwise afford good housing,” Grijalva said. “This is a good chance to help many families facing financial and health difficulties afford good homes and raise their children in positive environments.”

The money was granted care of the City of Tucson. For more information, visit the City of Tucson Housing and Community Development Department Web site or contact Albert Elias at (520) 791-4171.

Back To News