Washington, D.C. – Rep. Raúl M. Grijalva today highlighted the availability of more than $160 million in new grants for public works and other economic improvement projects through the Economic Development Administration. The agency is soliciting applications from tribes, state and local governments, higher education institutions, and non-profit entities in both urban and rural areas.
The funds will be disbursed in fiscal year 2012, but applications are already coming in and the first deadline is Dec. 15. The grants will focus on economic recovery and job creation measures.
· December 15 for funding cycle 2 of FY 2012
· March 9 for funding cycle 3 of FY 2012
· June 8 for funding cycle 4 of FY 2012
· September 14 for funding cycle 1 of FY 2013
· EDA is offering $111,640,000 for the Public Works and Economic Development Facilities program. The average size of a Public Works investment in FY11 was approximately $1.7 million.
· EDA is allocating $50,060,000 to the Economic Adjustment Assistance program. The average size of an Economic Adjustment Assistance investment in FY11 was approximately $550,000.
Learn more about how to apply at http://www.eda.gov/PDF/FY_2012_EDAP_FFO_11-18-11_FINAL.pdf.