Tucson, Ariz.– Rep. Raúl M. Grijalva will host a financial services and planning day Aug. 27 at Pima Community College (PCC) in Tucson for high school and college students. The event, which is free and open to the public, starts at 8:30 a.m. in the Community Board Room in Building C of PCC’s district offices at 4905 E. Broadway.
Students interested in attending should bring their Social Security Number, a driver’s license or photo ID, a W-2 or pay stub, their 2010 tax return and a FAFSA Personal Identification Number (PIN). Event staff will help students without a PIN sign up to receive one. Light lunch will be provided.
The agenda is below:
• 8:30 a.m. – Introduction, Imelda Cuyugan, PCC Assistant Vice Chancellor for Government Relations
• 8:45 a.m. – “Federal Higher Education Policy, Student Loans and Pell Grants,” guest speaker Joseph P. Mais, Senior Legislative Assistant to Congressman Grijalva
• 9:45 a.m. – Break
• 10:00 a.m. – “Nuts and Bolts of Financial Aid,” Anna Reese, PCC Executive Director of Financial Aid, and Rebeka Salcedo, Director, Financial Aid, University of Arizona
• 11:00 a.m. – “The Scholarship Process and How to Apply,” Cheryl House, Executive Director of Pima Community College Foundation, and Rebeka Salcedo, UA
• 12:00 p.m. – Remarks by Rep. Raúl M. Grijalva
• 1:00 p.m. – FAFSA hands-on workshop, Anna Reese, Room C-115. Students should finish as much of the FAFSA Worksheet as possible ahead of time at www.fafsa.ed.gov/options.htm (click on “The 2011-2012 School Year.”)
The event is expected to end by 3:00 p.m. For more information, contact Rep. Grijalva’s Tucson office at (520) 622-6788 or PCC at (520) 206-4500.
Rep. Grijalva higher education financial planning talk and workshop
Free and open to the public
Saturday, Aug. 27
Pima Community College
4905 E. Broadway in Tucson
Community Board Room, Building C